FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, 31st August 2018. Location: Gloucester, Gloucestershire
2018 has been the Badham Pharmacy’s busiest year yet as it dispenses 169,000 (and increasing) prescription items a month. The company continues to grow its Free Prescription Delivery Service across Gloucestershire too as other providers start charging.
The successful acquisition of CSPC Pharmacy Ltd in April 2018, comprising two pharmacies in Gloucester follows the relocation of its Blacksmith Lane pharmacy to the new Churchdown Medical Centre on Parton Road earlier in the year.
The recently acquired pharmacies, one located Aspen Medical Centre, the second at 12 London Road, Gloucester brings the family chains’ total pharmacies to twenty. Both pharmacies are now operating under the Badham brand name.
Whilst it is a challenging time for pharmacy, Managing Director and Superintendent Pharmacist Peter Badham assured that;
“Badham Pharmacy is fully committed to providing high quality community healthcare services hence we intend to grow our business through acquisitions and relocations.
“In 2018 we will see two pharmacies relocated into health centre settings [Blacksmith Lane & Kingsway], so the purchase of Aspen [Centre Pharmacy] is a particularly good fit with our modernisation and expansion programme.”
Aspen Medical Centre is a purpose built, multi-health professional building with a range of health care needs met on one site. It is the largest purpose built GP surgery in Gloucestershire. The bright and airy pharmacy is accessible from the main reception with direct access to the free car park.
Peter went on to explain that;
“We retained staff from both pharmacies we have acquired. A training programme was implemented to increase staff skills to Healthy Living Pharmacy standard. Service standard is improving all the time.
“We also leveraged our buying power and supply chain networks to increase profitability. We have increased medicines stock holding and range of medications to enable our dispensary teams to supply all items off prescription most of the time.”
The London Road Pharmacy has a refreshed look with a better lighting and improved layout. Weekly medication trays are supplied to fourteen care homes through London Road pharmacy with ‘capacity to do more’.
When asked for a final comment, Peter concluded;
“We aim to bring Badham Pharmacy’s speedy and professional medicines expertise to these new customer groups. We are extremely grateful for the all the support we have received from our new customers during the transition process. For anyone that hasn’t tried us yet, we welcome you to give us a go.”
Private consultation rooms allow customers to speak to our trained pharmacists about any ailment or medicines you may be taking. A flu vaccination service will start from early September. Customers may be eligible for a free vaccination. Terms and conditions apply.
The Free Prescription Delivery service operates from both London Road and Aspen sites, adding to the network of delivery vans that serve Gloucester, Kingsway and Brockworth.
The company’s third new health centre pharmacy of 2018 will open in early November when the company relocates its Kingsway pharmacy to the new Rosebank Medical Centre on Rudloe Drive, Kingsway, Quedgeley.
- IMG_5703.jpg (Badham Pharmacy at Churchdown Surgery)
- P1070726.jpg (Badham Pharmacy at Aspen Medical Centre)
- LR6.jpg (Badham Pharmacy at 12 London Road, Gloucester)
- P1070781.jpg (Left to right: Howard Thompson, Stephen Ireland, Charles Badham & Peter Badham from Badham Pharmacy inspecting progress on the new pharmacy at Rosebank Health Centre, Kingsway)
About Badham Pharmacy
- Badham Pharmacy is an award-winning independent pharmacy chain headquartered in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.
- Founded in 1940 by Richard G. Badham, the family business is now managed by second generation Peter, his wife Lin and their son Charles.
- The pharmacies offer a full range of NHS pharmacy services and were the first company in the area to offer a free prescription collection and delivery service.
- Badham Pharmacy now employs over 185 staff across twenty pharmacies and a mobility aids centre.
- The company dispenses 169,000 prescription items a month (and growing) to patients across Gloucestershire and Bristol.
- The company prides itself in its commitment to staff development and outstanding customer service.
- Badham Pharmacy continues to achieve year on year profitable growth so as to realise the company vision to develop Badham Pharmacy as the largest independent chain of pharmacies, differentiated by its service excellence in the area.
- The company was awarded Family Business of the Year 2015 by the Gloucestershire Business Awards and Cotswold Life Magazine.
- In May 2016 the company successfully acquired Stow Pharmacy.
- In May 2017 the company expanded further into the Cotswolds when it opened a new pharmacy in Upper Rissington.
- In April 2018 the company acquired CSPC Pharmacy Ltd comprising the pharmacies at Aspen Medical Centre and 12 London Road, Gloucester.