PRESS RELEASE For Immediate Release: 24 March 2016 Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
Gloucestershire based Badham Pharmacy, an independent family run chain of pharmacies have been accredited Investors in People (IiP) Silver standard, demonstrating their continued commitment to realising the potential of their people.
Founded in 1940 by Richard G. Badham, the company celebrated its 75th anniversary in October 2015. Badham Pharmacy now employs over 120 people across sixteen pharmacies in Gloucestershire and Bristol. It was first recognised by Investors in People in 1999 when Mrs Jean Badham, the then managing director, led the first assessment. The company has been successfully assessed every three years since, and in 2014 achieved Bronze standard as well as a Health and Wellbeing Good Practice Award.
Investors in People is the UK’s leading accreditation for business improvement through people management, and provides a wealth of resources for businesses to innovate, improve and grow, with a focus on good people making great business.
Paul Devoy, Head of Investors in People, said: “Achieving the Investors in People Silver standard is something that any organisation should be truly proud of. It is the sign of a company which is very committed to good people management practice and we’d like to congratulate Badham Pharmacy on their achievement.”
Commenting on the award, Managing Director Peter Badham said: “We are very pleased to have achieved the award. Sadly mum (Jean Badham) passed away in January 2016. She was a pioneer with the Investors in People award and took the time to remember the needs of the staff. She was passionate about staff training and development as this helps us provide the best care for all our patients.”
Since 2012 Cherie Andrews, Head of Human Resources has led the development of Investors in People at Badham Pharmacy. She commented “I strongly believe that our staff are the key to our success. IiP is an excellent development and benchmarking tool to enable us to continue the development of the individual, the team and the company. It was very important to me that we were able to achieve this in Mrs Badham’s memory in this the 75th anniversary year of the opening of the company.”
For more information about Badham Pharmacy please visit www.badhampharmacy.co.uk
About Badham Pharmacy
- Badham Pharmacy is an award-winning independent pharmacy chain based in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.
- Founded in 1940 by Richard G. Badham, the family business is now managed by second generation Peter, his wife Lyn and their son Charles.
- The pharmacies offer a full range of NHS pharmacy services and were the first company in the area to offer a free prescription collection and delivery service.
- Badham Pharmacy employs over 120 staff across sixteen pharmacies and a mobility aids centre.
- The company prides itself in its commitment to staff development and outstanding customer service.
- Badham Pharmacy continues to achieve year on year profitable growth so as to realize the company vision to develop Badham Pharmacy as the largest independent chain of pharmacies, differentiated by its service excellence in the area.
- The company was awarded Family Business of the Year 2015 by the Gloucestershire Business Awards and Cotswold Life Magazine.
About Investors in People
- Investors in People makes people management excellence count. They exist to help businesses realise the potential of their people, improve standards and gain the accreditation to prove it.
- Through the respected Standard, business insight and the IIP bank of tools and resources, organisations of all shapes and sizes can put their people first – and discover a brighter business future.
- Over the last 20 years, IIP has helped more than 100,000 businesses around the world improve, using their Accreditation Framework to boost working culture, increase employee engagement and encourage game-changing leadership.
- Investors in People is owned and managed by the UK Commission for Employment and Skills, an executive non-departmental public body of the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills.
- Investors in People South of England is delivered by Grant Thornton UK LLP under license from the UK Commission for Employment and Skills.