PRESS RELEASE For Immediate Release: 12 May 2016 Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
Local firm, Badham Pharmacy Ltd, have announced the acquisition of the shares of Stow Pharmacy Ltd, based in Stow on the Wold effective from Monday 9th May 2016.
This acquisition brings the number of Badham Pharmacy branches to seventeen, and marks the furthest East expansion of the company to date. Badham Pharmacy also have a mobility shop based at St Pauls Medical Centre, Cheltenham.
Peter Badham, Managing Director said “This new venture into the Cotswolds allows us to continue the expansion of our unique offering of outstanding customer service and to build on the reputation that Mike Gum has built up at Stow Pharmacy. We are grateful for the continued support of our banking partners, NatWest and the hard work of our solicitors in this acquisition – Harrison Clarke Rickerbys.”
The branch will be managed by pharmacist Abdalla Ashraf, who until recently was managing the Rikenel Branch of Badhams. All existing staff will be retained and fully integrated into the Badham company.
For further information, please contact Catherine Morgan, Chief Financial Officer on 01242 898710 or email@example.com
About Badham Pharmacy
- Badham Pharmacy is an award-winning independent pharmacy chain based in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.
- Founded in 1940 by Richard G. Badham, the family business is now managed by second generation Peter, his wife Lyn and their son Charles.
- The pharmacies offer a full range of NHS pharmacy services and were the first company in the area to offer a free prescription collection and delivery service.
- Badham Pharmacy employs over 120 staff across seventeen pharmacies and a mobility aids centre.
- The company prides itself in its commitment to staff development and outstanding customer service.
- Badham Pharmacy continues to achieve year on year profitable growth so as to realize the company vision to develop Badham Pharmacy as the largest independent chain of pharmacies, differentiated by its service excellence in the area.
- The company was awarded Family Business of the Year 2015 by the Gloucestershire Business Awards and Cotswold Life Magazine.