For Immediate Distribution: 10 March 2017 Location: Upper Rissington, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
On Wednesday 8th March Cotswold District Councillor, Mark Mackenzie-Cherrington and Dr Nigel Moor (Gloucestershire County Councillor) officially launched the final stage of building work on the new parade of shops at Victory Fields in Upper Rissington.
The event took place in front of Parish Councillor Jason Corban (Chairman), Parish Councillor Andrew MacLean, Liz Bannister Head Teacher and two pupils from Upper Rissington Primary School.
Both county councillors have worked tirelessly with active support from the primary school, parish council and local residents for several years to develop community services in the village.
Mark MacKenzie-Charrington commented;
“It is with great pride that I have been in some way, on behalf of the residents of Upper Rissington, able to achieve a very satisfactory outcome for this growing community. Initially it looked as if NHS England were not going to authorise Badham pharmacy to open a dispensing pharmacy, however with persistence over 18 months we succeeded in overcoming objections therefore ensuring that Upper Rissington will have a much needed facility and become more a sustainable community. My particular thanks on behalf of the Parish Council go to Peter Badham of Badham Pharmacy who might well have walked away after repeated rejections and County Councillor Dr Nigel Moor who was able to ‘open doors’ for us.”
Dr Nigel Moor added;
“I was very pleased to be able to work with my district council colleague so as to demonstrate that the significant growth of Upper Rissington requires an improvement in the community facilities available. I look forward to Badham Pharmacy offering a wide ranging health services to my division.”
Last week Badham Pharmacy completed purchase of the retail units. From 2nd May the company will start providing a full NHS pharmacy service from Unit 2 located in the new shopping parade. The purpose built pharmacy will house two private consultation rooms to enable patients to have discussions with a trained pharmacist about their medicine usage or to access a range of free health checks. The pharmacy will provide a range of other services including access to urgent repeat medication and treatment for minor ailments free of charge (subject to criteria and a consultation with a pharmacist). The pharmacy will also serve local patients who cannot physically visit the premises by providing a free delivery service and dedicated medication dispensing for care homes in the area.
Peter Badham, Managing Director said;
“We’re really excited that we’re finally able to provide healthcare services to the community of Upper Rissington. The pharmacy is now being prepared, ready to provide a raft of services to help residents in the locality from 2nd May.
“The community worked very hard under the leadership of both Councillors [Mark MacKenzie-Charrington and Dr Nigel Moor], who ensured that a pharmacy contract was granted to provide services to this growing community. Without question the support from these councillors was fundamental to Badham Pharmacy being awarded a contract to provide these essential services.”
For more information about Badham Pharmacy please visit www.badhampharmacy.co.uk.
For more information please contact Cathy Morgan FCMA CGMA (CFO) email@example.com 01242 898710
(from left to right)
- Peter Badham - Managing Director and Superindent Pharmacist, Badham Pharmacy Ltd.
- Liz Bannister – Head Mistress of Upper Rissington Primary School with 2 pupils
- District Councillor Mark MacKenzie-Charrington
- County Councillor Dr Nigel Moor
- Parish Council Chairman Jason Corban
- Parish Councillor Andrew MacLean
About Badham Pharmacy
- Badham Pharmacy is an award-winning independent pharmacy chain headquartered in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.
- Founded in 1940 by Richard G. Badham, the family business is now managed by second generation Peter, his wife Lyn and their son Charles.
- The pharmacies offer a full range of NHS pharmacy services and were the first company in the area to offer a free prescription collection and delivery service.
- Badham Pharmacy currently employs over 150 staff across seventeen pharmacies and a mobility aids centre.
- The company prides itself in its commitment to staff development and outstanding customer service.
- Badham Pharmacy continues to achieve year on year profitable growth so as to realise the company vision to develop Badham Pharmacy as the largest independent chain of pharmacies, differentiated by its service excellence in the area.
- The company was awarded Family Business of the Year 2015 by the Gloucestershire Business Awards and Cotswold Life Magazine.
- In May 2016 the company successfully acquired the nearby Stow Pharmacy.